Do you have a couple of overripe bananas? Hide them inside this decadent banana shortcake. No added sugar!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 T Kidsweet™
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 8 T of butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 T milk
- mix the powdered ingredients
- add melted butter and stir
- add eggs and vanilla and stir
- add milk and stir
- spray a wide mug or other microwave-safe round container
- cook 1/3 of the mixture at a time in the mug for about 1 min 30 sec
- 2 C milk
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/6 C Kidsweet™
- 2 eggs
- 1 /12 tsp vanilla extract
- heat the milk & Kidsweet™
- whisk in the cornstarch and stir milk opccasionally
- beat the two eggs
- when the milk starts to bubble, add 2T at a time (6 T total) of the heated milk into the beaten eggs and whisk rapidly
- pour the hot egg mixture into the bubbling (not boiling) milk, whisking continuously
- keep heating until the custard thickens, then remove from heat and chill
- 7 oz heavy cream
- 1 T Kidsweet™ or 2T if you want really sweet whipped cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- whip until somewhat stiff peaks form
- slice each shortcake into two or three round slices
- when custard has cooled a bit, layer shortcake, some custard, and thin slices of very ripe bananas
- put in refrigerator to cool
Variation: for the banana, you can substitute strawberries, blackberries, blueberries or any combination of fruit you want
Quick & Easy Lemonade
Mix up some low-sugar lemonade with Kidsweet™ in just one minute.
Hearty, Healthier Oatmeal
To start your morning off right, add Kidsweet™ instead of sugar to your oatmeal. Other healthy ingredients in our recipe add some minerals and Omega-3s.
Korean-Style Pickled Cucumbers
Add zing to your refrigerator pickles, not sugar!
“Honey” Mustard Sauce
A zero-carb, zero-sugar “honey”-mustard sauce made with Kidsweet™.
Need a quick breakfast on the go? Make a quick energy drink and get hours of nutrition in just a few minutes.
Devil’s Food Cupcakes
Here’s your keto-friendly devil’s food cake! Rich and chocolatey, not too sweet, but oh, so satisfying, and quick to make.
Instead of a can of cranberry jello, try this fresh, no-sugar-added cranberry salsa. It’s delicious any time of the year.
The flavors are perfectly in balance with a bit of rice vinegar, some mayo, and Kidsweet™ instead of sugar. This is our go-to recipe for cole slaw now.
Whether it’s sprinkled on some french toast, garnishing a cookie, topping your oatmeal, or just dusted on your coffee, use Cinnamon Kidsweet™ just like you’d use cinnamon sugar. Fill a shaker with it so it’s always handy and keep it in a cool, dry place (or with a lid).
Chocolate Hemp Heart Cakes
These delicious, nutrient-dense chocolate brownies include an abundant portion of hemp seed hearts–which are high in healthy Omega-3 fatty acids,
and about 35% protein.
This shortbread-like recipe uses buckwheat flour—a legume rather than a grain–but still manages to bring home the cookie while providing about three grams each of protein and MCT’s per cookie.
This is a bold and refreshing lemonade with a good serving of natural lemon oil in each glass.
Barbecuing this weekend? Reduce the sugar in your sauce by using Kidsweet™!
Instead of a plain glass of warm milk before bed, try our pumpkin spice and Kidsweet™ version. Sweet dreams!