Here’s your keto-friendly devil’s food cake! Rich and chocolatey, not too sweet, but oh, so satisfying, and quick to make.
Devil's Food Cupcakes
The base recipe makes microwavable cupcakes. This can be turned into a Chocolate Lava Cake recipe by quadrupling the milk (non-dairy or regular) and cooking in a pressure cooker.
- Mix all ingredients together completely.
- Put about 1/4 cup into a mug or into each section of a silicone muffin tray. Leave room for it to rise to double the height, though it will sink back down a bit as it cools.
- Microwave for one minute.
- You can top the cupcakes with Kidsweet™-sweetened whipped cream or frosting, or sifted powdered Kidsweet™ (available soon).
- Note--when using a tray for mini-muffins, as was done for the cupcakes pictured, we just used the outer four slots. The middle two didn't cook as fast as the outer ones in the microwave.
- Makes about 4 mug cakes, depending on the amount used for each. This recipe can be easily cut in half or doubled.
- Variation--to make a Kidsweet™ Lava Cake, use four times as much (non-dairy) milk. Use Pyrex ramekins, ideally, or a thick microwavable mug, and cook in an 'Instant Pot' for 6 minutes, or a bit more if you don't want it as runny. (Other types of pressure cookers haven't been tested yet.)
- The Kidsweet™ test kitchen is gleefully working on further variations to this base recipe -- contact us if you come up with your own!