- Put about 1/4 cup into a mug or into each section of a silicone muffin tray. Leave room for it to rise to double the height, though it will sink back down a bit as it cools.
- Microwave for one minute.
- You can top the cupcakes with Kidsweet-sweetened whipped cream or frosting, or sifted powdered Kidsweet (available soon).
- Note--when using a tray for mini-muffins, as was done for the cupcakes pictured, we just used the outer four slots. The middle two didn't cook as fast as the outer ones in the microwave.
- Makes about 4 mug cakes, depending on the amount used for each. This recipe can be easily cut in half or doubled.
- Variation--to make a Kidsweet Lava Cake, use four times as much (non-dairy) milk. Use Pyrex ramekins, ideally, or a thick microwavable mug, and cook in an 'Instant Pot' for 6 minutes, or a bit more if you don't want it as runny. (Other types of pressure cookers haven't been tested yet.)
- The Kidsweet test kitchen is gleefully working on further variations to this base recipe -- contact us if you come up with your own!